Alaina Nicole

Alaina Nicole

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cancer and Dying

You know what I'm most scared of? Dying from cancer. I've watched 2 grandparents die from it. I was a pall bearer at their funerals. I was their yougest grandchild... I feel like they spoiled me the most. They had tried to show me so much love... and I think this is why I've loved my grandparents so much. The only memories I have of them are just love...
I will most likely die of cancer some day. It's just probably in the cards for me. And some day I will have children and grandchildren. It will hurt so much to watch them suffer because of me. I know it's a part of life, but it will be the hardest thing to ever do.
I remember being around my only grandpa when he was dying. It just broke my heart each time I saw him; there was nothing I could do. We watched him at first give up on life, then as the end was nearing he wanted to try to live again... the doctors told us that he wouldn't be able to handle the radiation treatment. He was pretty far along and he was 80. But now I have heard that people are trying the radiation anyway; even if they're "too old." And more people are surviving. When I heard that, it pissed me heck off. My grandpa is an unbelievable fighter for everything he has. And they told him no... we told him no because we didn't think it would work. If we just fought some more my grandpa would be here...
We just need to find a cure for cancer. Cancer is my ultimate fear. And we need to find the cure now; so nobody else has to suffer from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment